Today is the Day of the Teacher in California. Take a moment to thank a teacher today!
The California Department of Education offers 10 way you can honor a teacher today and every day:
- Send your children to school well rested and ready to learn.
- Help your children with their homework at night and check to ensure all assignments are completed.
- Volunteer your time.
- Parent involvement in your children’s school is vital to the success of your own children as well as the success of the entire school.
- Organize donations for classroom supplies. On average, teachers spend $400 of their own money each year on their students. Encourage teachers to develop a wish list for classroom supplies and help organize donations.
- Donate new or nearly new books to the school library. Determine what is needed to improve the library and organize contributions to fill that need.
- Send a thank you note to a teacher who has made a difference in the life of your child.
- Have a party or reception at your children’s school to honor the teachers.
- Report to the principal what a great job your child’s teacher is doing.
- Just remember to thank them for all they do.