Presented by students, for students from Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, San Mateo, Monterey and San Benito CountiesSaturday, May 21, 1-5 pm Stevenson & Cowell Colleges, UCSC Open to all students in grades 3-12 (parents welcome, too) Free admission; Register Online
Under the auspices of the California Association for the Gifted, student presenters will offer a wide variety of 25-minute workshops and presentations to other students. Much like an adult professional conference, students will receive a program that lists the various presentations and workshops, and can choose to attend up to six sessions.
Student workshops will be held in the classrooms of Cowell and Stevenson Colleges. Free parking is available, and conference attendees can grab lunch (before the conference) or dinner (after the conference) at the University Dining Hall right at Cowell-Stevenson Colleges, or several other places just a few minutes walk from Cowell-Stevenson.
Sample workshop topics include:
- The Science and Legend of Bigfoot
- Shark Attack!
- Greek Mythology
- The Life and Times of Ludwig van Beethoven
- The History of World Wrestling Entertainment
- Everyday Simple Macros for School and Work
- Horses: Past and Present
- “This is Sparta!”
- Ocean Life in the Monterey Bay
- How to Play Yu Gi Oh
- The Awesome Sport of Fencing
- The Evolution of Technology
- How Do Planets Get Their Weather?
- SFF Band: A Sisters Trio Rock & Roll Band
- Quick and Easy Ice Cream Making