Museum of Art and History (MAH) seeks teenage participants for Subjects to Change
CALLING ALL TEENS AGES 12-17: Please fill out the below application and hit submit to be considered. Deadline to apply: Friday, September 27th.
What is Subjects to Change?
You are the Subjects. We as a community need change. This program is geared for teenagers who want to make a difference in Santa Cruz county by raising awareness of community issues through collaborative arts and cultural experiences (think: arts for social change.) This program focuses on exploring what it means to be an active community member, how as a community member you can create change, and the tools necessary to ignite leadership.
Participate and you can…
- Meet and collaborate with cool teens from all over the county
- Co-create experiences that raise awareness on issues that matter to you
- Work with fellow teens and museum staff to develop an educational event and exhibit
- Become an active member in the local community by inspiring positive change
- Present your ideas and projects to Santa Cruz City Council
- Receive community service credit from your school (subject to their policies and eligibility)
Weekly Meetings Subjects to Change will hold weekly workshops that include team building exercises, occasional guest speakers from our community, offsite work in the community, and documentation of the everyday experiences to help pinpoint key issues in the community at large.
Who/What/Where/When: You! Along with other teenagers from Santa Cruz county on Thursday afternoons from 4:00-5:30pm (October 10, 2013-December 12, 2013). Meetings will take place here at the MAH: 705 Front Street, Downtown Santa Cruz 95060. The exact dates are listed below.
October: 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31
November: 11/7, 11/14, 11/21
December: 12/5, 12/12
To apply click here.