While changes are afoot for Shakespeare Santa Cruz, the holiday production is on!
Middle and high school teachers have been offered a very special opportunity for their students to take in this year’s production of It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play. Inspired by the popular holiday film, the production is performed as a 1940s live radio broadcast. A small ensemble of actors performs dozens of characters as well as producing the sound effects. Joe Landry’s interpretation of this nostalgic classic is fast becoming America’s favorite new holiday tradition.
Reduced priced tickets are available to classroom teachers for the following dates:
• Tuesday November 19 at 10:00 AM
• Wednesday, November 20 at 10:00 AM
• Tuesday, November 26 at 10:00 AM
• Wednesday, December 4 at 10:00 AM
Tickets for these special school matinees are only $16.
These special matinees include:
- An engaging, professional, entertaining performance of It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play.
- Parking on campus.
- A curriculum guide written specifically for this production that can help you introduce your students to the basics of attending a live theatre performance, including information about the play and authors, and suggested classroom activities related to the play.
- A Q&A with the actors and technicians immediately following the conclusion of the performance.
Teachers interested in taking a class to see the play should contact Jessica Bond, firstname.lastname@example.org